In this VIRTUAL workshop you will learn everything you need to know to complete a woven piece from start to finish.
Workshop includes all the tools, fibre and 3 hours of instruction.
You will receive an email with a link to the course a few days before July 15
**At checkout please select one of 4 shipping options:
1. Pick Up at Markets by Dream Day Bowmanville (Free)
2. Pick Up at Markets by Dream Day Brooklin (Free)
3. Pick Up at Maker's Hub in Whitby (Free)
4. Canada Post Shipping (additional $14)
What's is included:
1. The weaving tools:
- an 8”x9” loom (weaving space of 6.5”x7”)
- 2 tapestry needles
- a beater (aka comb)
- a hanging bar
- a blunt needle
- 3 round looms (6.5”, 5.25”, 4”)
These tools were designed by me with minimal material waste in mind.
What makes SPH tools unique is the inclusion of the round looms. Once you learn the basics in the rectangular loom, you can continue to develop your skills in a fun way.
The tools are made of birch plywood and are fabricated in the Kawartha Lakes Region, Ontario.
2. The fibre:
Your choice of a fibre pack curated by me.
You get 130 grams of fibre plus enough warp string for your rectangular loom and all the round ones.
3. The on-demand video course:
- a scaffolded learning experience as close to real life as you can get!
- lead by a 15+ years experienced educator (that’s me!)
- you will learn how to weave, start to finish. From warping your loom to deciding whether or not to trim the fringe
🌟 BONUS video: once you learn all the techniques you can then experiment with weaving in the round. You will learn how to warp a round loom, do a decorative wrap and see some samples of a few techniques.
A discount code for 100% off the video course will be emailed to you closer to the course date.